Sunday, June 22, 2008

I am worried my job will never get better

I am worried that I will never do better

I am worried that my bandmates will become static and not evolve in their playing.

I am worried I am in the wrong band.

I am worried that Nick's new band will be ultimately better than ours, and it will be the band I've wanted to be in all along

I am worried about repeating ourselves

I am worried that we will not evolve in the right direction

I am worried that I am putting too much effort into a relationship that we have agreed upon to permanently remain at a fixed point

I am worried I will not stop thinking about her.

I am worried I will not be able to talk to new people

I am worried I will not be able to start a new relationship

I am worried that I might have ignored my real friends

I am worried that I haven't done enough.

And I'm worried I will never change.

1 comment:

Justin H Brierley said...

I worry that my job is the same one I had over ten years ago.

I worry that that means I haven't figured it out yet.

I worry that the choices I made long ago were the wrong ones.

I worry that I will never be half the musician of my sixteen years younger friend.

I worry that the majority of my relationships have been ultimately meaningless.

I worry that I'll never do enough.

And I worry that I will never change.

(In other words, you're not alone my friend)