Thursday, July 31, 2008

Went to the final B/3.1 show. Good show, people seemed to enjoy it. Lots of comments from my friends how it was better than they expected. A lot of them bought Medicinal Reverb.

Rest of the show cool. Sacred Objects was alright. Almost busted a gut as this raver guy lost one of his glow sticks. His reaction just made me bust out laughing. But fine set from him anyway.

Controllar up next. Guy used a P5 NES controller glove with motion sensor technology hooked up to MAX/MSP to trigger sequencers/samples/filters, basically whatever he wanted, with it. It was nuts to watch. The singer had a completely beautiful voice. My only complaint is they didn't have a cd, and they picked the worst songs to put up on myspace.

Before that, discussion of meccalily. I will be playing with them. Some how I'm getting this feeling I should back out, but I know what it is and what happens if I follow through on it.

Part of it is also, this is my first time being a guitar player in a BAND. I don't know what to do with it in a band! I'm trying to find the right balance between Martin and Wayne and if I have to go low or high I figure it out, also if I should just double rhythm or if I should try and do leads that follow the vocals. Should I try and do something I've never done and actually write out all my parts and stick to then 100% with no improvisation? I'll have to see how it all goes at practice...

I'm also trying to figure out if I can quit before the luau, on like the 8th or something from my job. Will have to talk about it with my parents. From then on I only have 4-5 days where I'm not doing something all night (playing out). Hopefully I have enough fundage so this will support me. Just will have to ration my time and money. I would be happy as not to do it anymore.

Last night-Go to bills, go to Newbury Comics. Wanted to see if Pete was there and talk to him as he's the new lead singer of YavinFive and we're playing together, but to also pick up an impulse purchase or 3. Pick up Mission of Burma-The Obliterati and XTC-White Music and Go 2. I know my dad has them on vinyl but I thought it would just be easier to spend the bucks to have them on CD and not worry about conversation and all that stuff.


Today-Practice more meccalily, came up with some parts I hope go over well. Maybe they can give me some direction tomorrow.

In other news. I'm getting a laptop! A MacBook to be procise. I'm excited. Hopefully I can get a version of Pro Tools from Justin. I'm also looking at buying a Roland Micro Cube amp and bringing my guitar and my bass to my dorm room. Hopefully shouldn't be too much in the room.

Meeting with Wayne at 6. Sent him an email about what he wants to accomplish today. It's a bit crafty but I find it helps if I have a destination for a goal.

No comments: