Monday, January 5, 2009

New post.

On break, been playing around with Da Troop (www.atroopofechoes.com) for a little while, it goes alright.

Tried to do battle today with my car, of course I just need to replace the battery, but with me it's never that simple. One busted ratchet and 2 failed attempts to start the car with the new battery in (I really, really, really hope it was just because the connectors were loose), I have to stop because there's not more I can do without the proper tools. It just really really frustrates me because the sooner I can get this car in semi-drivable condition the better it means for me. I need to go to the bank and get a bow for my double bass.

Oh, yes, my double bass. It's fine. My intonation is still iffy, but I haven't had a REAL lesson on it yet. Other than that I like playing classical pieces on it surprisingly more than jazz, which I hope changes soon or else it's major (pun intended) change for me.

Oh yes, the Sweetthieves show was two nights ago, how very, very sad, but they played about an hour and a half, playing almost all the songs they've written, except for two or three. It was great, not a big crowd (not the biggest I've seen) but certainly a good one. I was in the front and center like an idiot getting into it, but I guess it paid off because there were three other people behind me getting into it as well. Afterwards Chris grabbed the setlist for me, and I shook everyone's hand and told them the band means a lot to me and I hate to see them go, but it was a great show. Bought the new record, it sounds great.

Saw Slumdog Millionaire, blew me away, almost didn't go see it because I saw it out of sheer boredom. In Narragansett it's either get out of town or do drugs in the wintertime. I can see why some people pick the latter. Great great movie, go see it, it's worth the money.

Argh, I have 500 messages on my phone and I can't remember the security code to delete them all.

No comments: